Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 16 - When will it end?

Well another week of running, and running and running. It does seem never ending! The one good thing is that I don't feel too run down or stale. There's enough variety to keep me interested as the miles add up.

Monday 12th April: Weights at the Y, followed by an easy 6km run which felt remarkably good, considering I ran 47km yesterday.
Tuesday 13th April: Two loops of the Morningside hill circuit. The hills are definately getting easier, which is probably a combination of the strength training and the hill workouts. Felt comfortable and relaxed, especially on the way home. 16km.
Wednesday 14th April: AM weights and easy 5km run.
PM: Longboat club run along lakeshore with 7km between 3:45 and 4:10/km. 20km
Thursday 15th April: Easy run on shortened version of Boston special. Felt good, running relaxed. 15km.
Friday 16th April: AM Weights at the Y, followed by an easy run to Landsdowne track with a few laps. 5.6km
PM: Easy run on Central Tech Track, before coaching Longboat runners. 7km.
Saturday 17th April: easy run to High park, followed by 10km of trails with Longboat and back home along Martin Goodman trail. 24.8km.
Sunday 18th April: Long run with Longboat, including 10k at 4:55/km (Comrades Pace) continued on alone. Felt good overall, but was happy to finish. Could I do it again? Unlikely! 44km.

Week Total: 143.4km
Year to Date: 1,641km


This week was my highest mileage ever. I am amazed that I can run that far in a week, without my body breaking down. It seems to be holding together for now. It remains to be seen if it will last through the remains of the Comrades training. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about the training so far and feel like I am running well, if not that fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment